Tiio Suorsa (1985) is a visual artist based in Turku (FI) and Linz (AT), working with moving images, creative coding and experimental photography. Her practice is based on unlearning existing systems and definitions between humans, nature and technology. Recently works and research has been focused on digital poetry while exploring in-betweenness.
Tiio Suorsa holds MA degree from Interface Cultures, Kunstuniversität Linz (2021) and the Digital Culture and Cultural Heritage, University of Turku (2017) and BA from the Turku Arts Academy (2012). Her works have been exhibited recently in galleries and screenings in Austria, Finland, Greece, Iceland and Lanzarote, including at Deep Space 8K, Ars Electronica Center (AT).
- December 2021 NFC, Poetics of Obsolescence, media archaeological exhibition, Atelierhaus Salzamt (AT)
- Summer 2022 NFC, Turku (FI)
- September 2021 Protruding Cavity: Pocket Star Gallery, Athens (GR)
- September 2021 Substrates: Nokturno (digital and experimental poetry) (FI)
- September 2021 CacheDash: Ars Electronica Festival, Deep Space 8K, Linz (AT)
- July 2021 Frequency of Being, Lacuna Festivals, Lanzarote (ES)
- July 2021 video art: Libertalia – Born by the River performance, Liverpool (UK)
- June 2021 COCO-lands: BestOFF exhibition, Linz (AT)
- Spring 2021 Substrates: Ars Electronica Center, CCI Lab (AT)
- 2021 Becomings of Digital Poetry – the carrier of memory in slow media practice. MA thesis work. Kunstuniversität Linz.
- 2017 Digitoitu maito ei valu (Digitized milk does not drain – The materiality, time and interaction with the digital and material museum artefacts). MA thesis. University of Turku.
- 2016 Photography group zine: hetiZine no. 1. Numbered edition. The Finnish Museum of Photography.
- 2015 Menneisyyden muisti (The memory of the past). Interpretation of IC-98 – The View From the Other Side (2011). University of Turku.