COCO-lands Ars Electronica (photo: Iosune Sarasate)
Interactive 3D platform and installation
COCO-lands is a growing digital archive of 14 international media artists dealing with the global COVID-19 crisis.
Starting from March 15th, the participants shared their personal reflections on the various forms of isolation from a variety of geographical contexts: from almost complete isolation in Italy, over the strict measures in Austria, to the serious social consequences in the USA and a permanent isolation on a remote island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean.
The contributing artists decided to create their digital diaries as a ritual without knowing when the process might end.
- Smirna Kulenović (BA) – concept curator
- Carla Zamora (AT) – project leader and coordinator
- Indiara Di Benedetto (IT) – graphic design & social media
- Tiia Suorsa (FI) – visual communication manager & web coordinator
- Iosune Sarasate (ES) – technical lead & visualisation
- 2021 (postponed due to COVID-19) BestOff 2020, Linz (AT)
- 2020 Ars Electronica, exhibition The Wild State (AT)
- 2020 Ars Electronica, Agora Digitalis – State of Online Communities (panel discussion) (AT)
The project was developed with the ÖH Project Grant 2020.