2020- world wide, based in Linz (AT)
interactive 3D platform and installation
COCO-lands is a growing digital archive of 14 international media artists dealing with the global COVID-19 crisis.
Starting from March 15th, the participants shared their personal reflections on the various forms of isolation from a variety of geographical contexts: from almost complete isolation in Italy, over the strict measures in Austria, to the serious social consequences in the USA and a permanent isolation on a remote island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean.
The contributing artists decided to create their digital diaries as a ritual without knowing when the process might end.
The installation was developed with the ÖH Production Grant 2020.
- Smirna Kulenović (BA) – concept curator
- Carla Zamora (AT) – project leader and coordinator
- Indiara Di Benedetto (IT) – graphic design & social media
- Tiio Suorsa (FI) – visual communication manager & web coordinator
- Iosune Sarasate Azkona (ES) – technical lead & visualisation
- 2021 BestOff 2020, Linz (AT)
- 2021 BestOff Talks #7, Linz (AT)
- 2021 Lacuna Festivals, Lanzarote (ES)
- 2020 Ars Electronica Festival, exhibition The Wild State (AT)
- 2020 Ars Electronica Festival, Agora Digitalis – State of Online Communities (panel discussion) (AT)